The Toronto Baby Show is a great spot for new and expecting parents to talk to parenting experts face to face, discover the best eco-friendly products for your baby, get a free massage and shop till you drop! You should plan on stopping by the Enercare Centre, Hall D at Exhibition Place on Oct 1st from 9 am- 6 pm and Oct 2nd from 10 am- 5 pm. This is my 4th time attending this show so I thought I would do a spot light on my favorite booths. Be sure to stop by the Eco Chic Movement booth and say hi. I will have “show special” prices for all of our products and the Baby Travel Set will be on sale for only $20, that’s a steal!
Top 10 Booths To Stop By At The Toronto Baby Show
- Bear Bottoms- Makes using cloth diapers as easy as using disposables. Since 2006 they have been providing parents with an eco-friendly washing process that is hospital approved. Most diaper services use harsh chemicals that you do not want getting on your baby’s skin.
- Dressed To Deliver- Born out of a mom’s frustration for the lack of functionality of the traditional hospital gown. Their 3 in 1 birthing gown has all the features of a hospital gown with discreet access for fetal monitoring, IVs and epidural administration, Caesarean incision inspection and healing access while allowing for immediate skin on skin after baby is born. It also works great for a home birth. The birthing gowns are designed so they can also be worn as a maternity and postpartum/nursing dress.
- Evymama- Is Toronto’s best store for beautiful nursing bras (they don’t look like nursing bras!) and maternity clothing for pregnant and breastfeeding women. They support breastfeeding women in many ways. They rent hospital grade breast pumps and offer classes on a variety of topics including preparing to breastfeed. Their store is located at 1345 St Clair Ave West.
- Healthy Moms TO- Has a FANTASTIC discount card program. Aviva Allen recognized the expense of living a healthy lifestyle in Toronto and partnered with other healthy and environmentally friendly companies that cater to young families. You can purchase your 2017 card at the show.
- Dads With Attitude- I have walked by their booth a few times before at The Baby Show and always get a good chuckle. They are all about honoring this generation’s awesome fathers. Now that is a cause I can get behind!
- Human + Mother- Brings parent’s stylish, Canadian made baby wearing wraps that are sustainably sourced from beachwood fibre and made by a process that generates little to no waste. If that wasn’t enough already they also donate 10% of all proceeds to a featured charity addressing women’s and children’s issues around the world. Their current featured charity is Circle of Health International.
- Kids & Company- Strives to bring parents progressive child care options to help parents achieve a better work-life balance. They provide full-time, part-time and emergency back-up care for families. Their curriculum includes: music, science, pre-reading, art, and both structured and unstructured play.
- Spiffy Naturals- Offers organic all natural cleaning products for parents. The home environment can be one of the most toxic places your child is exposed to. I recently did a blog post on this topic. They have even partnered with a local juice bar to collect the organic citrus rinds to use in their products. I will definitely be stopping by their booth to stock up on my cleaning products!
- Wee Urban- Using certified organic cotton blends and low impact dyes to bring your baby eco-conscious style! Wee Urban steps away from the traditional pinks, blues and cute motifs and brings your baby to a whole new level of style. They also produce a brand of products that are handmade in Canada.
- Vandentillaart Clothing- Provides moms with stylish clothing that is made in Canada. My favorite is the Cross Front Sweater, which can double as a nursing shirt. They went quickly at last year’s show!
Hope to see you this weekend!